The primary objective of the Consolidated Waterworks is to furnish a continuous supply of fresh, potable water to meet the demands of the citizens of Terrebonne Parish.
We currently operate two water treatment plants:
Houma Water Treatment Plant
Maximum Capacity 8 Million Gallons Per Day
Schriever Water Treatment Plant
Maximum Capacity 24 Million Gallons Per Day
In addition to a state-of-the-art bacteriological laboratory, Consolidated Waterworks maintains nearly 1,000 miles of pipe, 16 elevated water tanks, 5 ground storage tanks and 2 stand pipes (for a combined storage capacity of 19 million gallons over 23 sites).
We proudly serve fresh, potable water to over 42,000 residential and commercial customers.
Water Works is the only provider of drinking water to the residents of Terrebonne Parish. We know how important water is, and we want to ensure the water that is delivered to your home is safe and clean.
80% of our raw water supply (approximately 4 billion gallons per year) comes from Bayou Lafourche. The remaining 20% (approximately 1 billion gallons per year) comes from the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway and the Bayou Black Reservoir.
The Intracoastal can no longer be considered a reliable source of fresh water. Every year brings increased salinity levels above 250ppm. At present there are more than 100 days/year of greater than 250ppm.
Terrebonne Parish currently buys about 80% of its raw water supply from the Bayou Lafourche Fresh Water District (BLFWD)