Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals performs annual testing for the Naegleri fowleri, brain eating amoeba, at four sample points on the District's distribution system and one on the raw water supply at the Schriever Waterplant. Consolidated Waterworks District #1 was informed Thursday, June 23, 2016 by Amanda Laughlin, Chief Engineer of Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals, Office of Public Health, that as a result of a sample testing on Monday, June 6, 2016 Naegleri fowleri, brain eating amoeba, was NOT found at any of the water sample testing sites.

Please view the DHH testing results below:

DHH Raw Water Sample Testing Results 2016 [PDF]

DHH POE Schriever Plant Sample Testing Results 2016 [PDF]

DHH Island Rd Sample Testing Results 2016 [PDF]

DHH Highway 56 Sample Testing Results 2016 [PDF]

DHH Powhattan Ct Sample Testing Results 2016 [PDF]

Department Of Health & Hospitals has completed the testing for the Naegleria fowleri amoeba in the water distribution sytem. Naegleria fowleri was NOT found in the water supply.

Please view the DHH testing results taken on 11-9-15 :

Schriever 2015 Naegleria Post Burn Retest Composite Results Raw Water [PDF]

Schriever 2015 Naegleria Post Burn Retest Composite Results Surface Water Treatment Plant [PDF]

Schriever 2015 Naegleria Post Burn Retest Composite Results Island Rd [PDF]

Schriever 2015 Naegleria Post Burn Retest Composite Results Hwy 56 [PDF]

Schriever 2015 Naegleria Post Burn Retest Composite Results Powhatten [PDF]

Consolidated Waterworks District #1 services water to all of Terrebonne Parish. We distribute water to our customers through our Schriever distribution system and Houma distribution system. 80% of our raw water supply comes from Bayou Lafourche. The remaining 20% comes from the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway and the Bayou Black Reservoir. Please follow the link to view our Distribution Service Territory Map.

DHH tested four samples from our distribution system and one from our raw water supply on August 5, 2015 and reported the test results to The District on August 17, 2015 The Naegleria fowleri amoeba DNA was found at the last hydrant on Island Rd in Point Aux Chenes which is serviced by our Schriever distribution system. The amoeba culture on Powhattan Ct. in Gibson showed amoeba present, but the Flagella test was NEGATIVE and DNA for the Naegleria fowleri was NOT detected. The District as a precautionary measure has switched both distribution systems to free chlorine disinfection beginning August 17, 2015.

Please view the DHH testing results below:

DHH Raw Water Sample Testing Results [PDF]

DHH POE Schriever Plant Sample Testing Results [PDF]

DHH Island Rd Sample Testing Results [PDF]

DHH Highway 56 Sample Testing Results [PDF]

DHH Powhattan Ct Sample Testing Results [PDF]


Please click the links below for additional information:

The Houma Times

The Times Picayune

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Download Acrobat Reader Download WinZip Download Word Viewer Download Excel Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer